Massive Snow Pea Yields from 5 plants

0 comments

Aussie Green Thumb Forums Growing Forum Edible Gardens Massive Snow Pea Yields from 5 plants

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Hey Green Thumbs,
    I wanted to share my success for my snow peas. I grew 6 plants, one died early on (death by slugs), but the other 5 plants thrived.

I harvested the plants countless times as we picked the snow peas as we needed for dinner and lunches. I did a few larger harvests near the end when the plants were so loaded I had to harvest them. I think at one stage there would have been over 300 snow peas.

Secret to my success, planted in well composted soil. Feed with banana water during their growth phase, and added blood and bone once they started flowering.

I pulled out the plants yesterday, lots of old peas on there, too old to eat. I am drying the vines and the peas in the garage and will harvest the seeds for next season.

• This topic was modified 3 hours, 57 minutes ago by AGT.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About the Author

Follow me

Since 2007, our team of gardeners and gardening experts have contributed their knowledge to Aussie Green Thumb. We share with you everything you need to get your garden going and maintain it in tip top shape.

Whether your new to gardening or a seasoned gardener, our tips will help you bring your garden to it's full potential. From big backyards and farms to small spaces, balcony gardens and indoor plants. Let us help you grow a better garden!

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}